07 agosto 2017

In Due Time (WELS Daily Devotions)

“The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father.”
Matthew 13:41-43

In Due Time


Why does the Lord allow evil people to exist? Many are perplexed that the Lord allows this. Many find his answer unacceptable, but it is quite plain. In due time, he will send his angels to separate the evil from the righteous.
Why should I accept that answer? Why should I be content with the explanation the Lord allows good and evil to exist side by side? The reason is that before the working of his Word along with the change brought about by the Holy Spirit, I was one of those “evil” people. My decisions, my actions, even my thoughts and words were in constant conflict with the Lord. The bad seed the devil sowed took root in my heart, and brought about sin and evil in my life. This is why I am grateful Jesus will send his angels in due time.
Jesus’ timing gave opportunity for the power of his gospel to work in me. I was led to acknowledge my evil and repent. It also provided me the opportunity to receive forgiveness. It is only by Jesus’ undeserved love that I am rescued from the fiery furnace at the final harvest.
Because of Jesus’ precious and obedient work, his desire to do all things in due time, and his undeserved love, I will shine like the sun in the kingdom of heaven. I know my Savior declares me righteous. I know he will gather me to himself. I even know that while I live in this sinful and evil world, I can live with the assurance he will resolve everything. And he will do it in due time.

Prayer:
O dearest Savior, how can I ever thank you for your love. When I should have been weeded out of your kingdom, you rescued me. Continue to work in my life so I can look forward to the final harvest when you will send your angels to gather me into your kingdom. Amen.

wels.net

0 Comentários: